Monday, July 6, 2009

Eeek! Changing Routines!


Well, dear little miss nearly 5 months has been a bit unsettled as of late. I think its because I haven't adjusted her routine (eat, activity and sleep times) for quite some time now. Its always a bit nervewracking making changes to routines because you know that usually you are in for a bumpy ride for a few days until baby gets used to it.


Hopefully though it will mean that Miss 5 months will get to bed earlier in the evenings which leaves a little bit of time for catching up on books, magazines and of course spending some quality time with Chris (yusss! my favourite of course!).


I never realised how important routines were for children until I had my own. They don't tell you in antenatal classes what to do once you have actually given birth to the child! Honestly if it wasn't for Jackie (thanks Jackie!) coming over and sharing some of her wisdom and experience with me, I don't know how I would have survived! I had no idea what I was doing!


So here I am with No.2 going thru the routine thing again... but this time I have a bit of my own experience to lean on (and great friends too!) so things aren't that scary.


And of course if things get totally out of control, at least I can rest in the knowledge that this phase doesn't last forever, things do get easier, and we will eventually figure out what to do (even if it takes a few days).


So here goes!




3 comments:

  1. All the best Lisa! Routines are so awesome - and it can be very scary making adjustments... but the quality time you will have will be worth it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hoping things go well! cant offer much advice but can be a listening ear if you need to vent tehe

    ReplyDelete